Scott St. Amand
Scott joined Fisher, Tousey, Leas & Ball in 2016. Scott concentrates his practice in all areas of tax controversies, both state and federal, as well as estate and trust litigation and administration.
Areas of Practice
- Tax Controversies
- Trust and Estate Disputes
- Probate Administrations
- Trust Administrations
Education & Credentials
Scott earned his Bachelor of Arts in English and Latin from Wake Forest University in 2007. He earned his J.D. from the University of Richmond, T.C. Williams School of Law in 2010, and his LL.M with Honors in Taxation from the University of Florida, Levin College of Law in 2016. While pursuing his J.D. at the University of Richmond, Scott was awarded a prestigious research fellowship and served as the Editor-in-Chief of the Richmond Journal of Law and the Public Interest.
- Should I Stay or Should I Go? The Erosion of the Offshore Asset Protection Trust and the Rise of Its Domestic Analogue, 91 Florida Bar Journal 6, June 2017.
- Serial Strippers Take National Stage: Fourth Circuit Permits Lien-Stripping in Chapter 20, XXXII ABI Journal 6, 14, July 2013.
- “Down” Is Out “Off” Is In: Stripping Liens after McNeal, XXXI ABI Journal 6, July 2012.
- Protecting Neglect: The Constitutionality of Spiritual Healing Exemptions to Child Protection Statutes, 12 Richmond Journal of Law and the Public Interest 139, 2009.
- Federal Tax Liens and Defeasible Interests, 36 Fla. B. Tax Section Bull. 3, 12 (Spring 2020).
- Caveat Uxor – Let the Spouse Beware: Marital Property Encumbered by Ex-Spouse’s Federal Tax Lien, 35 Fla. B. Family Law Commentator 1, 19 (Summer 2020).
- Supreme Court of Florida
- United States District Court, Middle District of Florida
- United States Bankruptcy Court, Middle District Florida
- United States Circuit Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- United States Tax Court
- Florida Bar Association
- Jacksonville Bar Association
- Tax Section of the Florida Bar
- Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section of the Florida Bar
- Communities in Schools of Jacksonville, Young Professional’s Board Chairman
- Leadership St. Johns
- Junior Achievement