Thomas Heekin is a Jacksonville native and a graduate of Bishop Kenny High School. Thomas is a “triple Gator,” having earned three degrees from the University of Florida: a B.A. in Business Administration, a J.D. and a LL.M. in Taxation. Thomas was admitted to The Florida Bar in 2015 and began his practice at a large firm in Jacksonville before joining Fisher, Tousey, Leas & Ball in 2021.
Thomas focuses primarily on estate planning, estate and trust administration, asset protection planning, taxation, exempt organizations and general corporate representation.
Thomas is married to Lauren Heekin, a pediatric nurse at Wolfson Children’s Hospital, and they have two children: Leah and Thomas, Jr. Thomas and his family enjoy the Florida sunshine and all things Gators.
- Advise and counsel clients regarding estate planning strategies
- Probate and trust administration
- Advise and counsel clients concerning asset protection strategies
- Advise and counsel Tax Exempt Organizations regarding organization, structure and compliance with tax laws
- Counsel ongoing businesses regarding general corporate matters
Areas of Practice
- Estate Planning
- Trust Administration
- Asset Protection
- Exempt Organizations
Education & Credentials
- University of Florida, Graduate Tax Program (LL.M. in Taxation, 2016)
- University of Florida, College of Law (J.D., Cum Laude, 2015)
- University of Florida, Warrington College of Business (B.A., Cum Laude, 2012)
- The Florida Bar Association
- Jacksonville Bar Association