Anne Buzby-Walt is a native of Philadelphia and a graduate of Duke University and Wake Forest University School of Law. She began her legal career as an associate with Fisher, Tousey, and Wallis, the predecessor to Fisher, Tousey, Leas & Ball. She then spent the next 21 years of her legal career at another firm in Jacksonville before returning to Fisher, Tousey, Leas & Ball in 2010.
Since 1992, Anne has been board certified as a specialist in Wills, Trusts and Estates by The Florida Bar. Since 2006, she has been listed in Florida Super Lawyers and was among the top 50 Florida Women Super Lawyers in 2012. She has been listed in the Legal Elite in Florida Trend Magazine and the publication “The Best Lawyers In America”. She is a Fellow in the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC). She serves as a member of the ACTEC Employee Benefits in Estate Planning Committee. Anne is a former member of the Executive Council of Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section of The Florida Bar, and former member (former co-vice-chair) of the Probate Law and Procedure Committee, and actively serves as a member (former vice-chair) of the IRA, Insurance and Employee Benefits Committee thereof.
Anne is married to Tom Walt. Tom and Anne live in Ponte Vedra Beach and enjoy traveling, tennis, cycling and the beaches lifestyle.
- Has drafted a wide variety of estate planning documents including complex wills and trusts with credit shelter, marital, and generation-skipping transfer tax provisions, irrevocable life insurance trusts, charitable trusts, personal residence trusts, grantor retained annuity trusts and intentionally defective grantor trusts
- Has handled tax audits of and disputes relating to estate and gift tax returns.
- Has prepared fiduciary accountings and federal estate tax returns.
- Has implemented various asset protection techniques, including plans utilizing exemptions, limited partnerships and offshore trusts.
Areas of Practice
- Estate Planning
- Trust Administration
Education & Credentials
- Duke University, B.A. 1982
- Wake Forest University, J.D. 1985
- AV Preeminent Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- Fellow, The American College of Trust and Estate Counsel
- Florida Super Lawyers (Estate Planning & Probate Category), since 2006 and among Top 50 Women Super Lawyers in 2012
- Legal Elite in Florida Trend Magazine
- Best Lawyers in America
- Jacksonville Bar Association
- The Florida Bar Association, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section
- IRA, Insurance and Employee Benefits Committee of Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section of The Florida Bar
- Employee Benefits in Estate Planning Committee of American College of Trust and Estate Counsel
Publications & Presentations
- Anne is author of Chapter 14 on Final Distribution and Discharge in Practice Under the Florida Probate Code, 2014 Edition.
- Anne is a frequent lecturer on topics in the trusts and estates area.