Beverly H. Furtick
Beverly has practiced estate planning and probate law in Jacksonville for 30 years. She was born in Greenwood, South Carolina, and attended college and law school at the University of South Carolina. Beverly was a member of Phi Beta Kappa and earned a B.S. in business administration, with a major in accounting in 1982. She also successfully completed the CPA examination in 1983, during her first year of law school. In 1985, Beverly obtained her J.D. degree from the University of South Carolina and passed the South Carolina and Florida Bar exams. Beverly joined Fisher, Tousey, Leas & Ball in 1989 and became a shareholder in 1990. She currently serves as the firm’s managing shareholder. Beverly is a member of the Estate Planning Council of Northeast Florida and has been board certified as a specialist in Wills, Trusts and Estates by The Florida Bar since 1993.
Beverly is married to Russell Furtick, Vice-President and General Counsel for Allstate Dealer Services (formerly American Heritage Life). Beverly and Russ have two sons, Ben (age 26 and a CPA and Assistant Vice President of Bank of America Merrill Lynch in London) and Ryan (age 25 and just received his J.D. and LL.M. in Taxation from Washington University in St. Louis in May and has recently taken The Texas Bar and started as a tax associate with Crady, Jewett & McCullough in Houston, Texas). Beverly enjoys watching baseball games and taking vacations (especially to St. Martin).
- Facilitate the creation of revocable living trusts to avoid the unnecessary expenses and time delays sometimes associated with the probate process.
- Handle guardianships.
- Trust and estate administration.
Areas of Practice
- Estate Planning
- Trust and Probate Administration
Education & Credentials
- University of South Carolina School of Law (J.D. 1985) Phi Beta Kappa
- University of South Carolina (B.S., 1982)
- Florida Bar Board Certified Wills, Trusts & Estates
- Co-Author: “Defending the Accumulated Earnings Tax Case,” The Florida Bar Journal, December, 1999
- AV Rated-Martindale Hubbell
- South Carolina
- American Bar Association
- The Florida Bar
- Jacksonville Bar Association
- South Carolina Bar
- Estate Planning Council of Northeast Florida