Beverly has practiced estate planning and probate law in Jacksonville for 35 years. She was born in Greenwood, South Carolina, and attended college and law school at the University of South Carolina. Beverly was a member of Phi Beta Kappa and earned a B.S. in business administration, with a major in accounting in 1982. She also successfully completed the CPA examination in 1983, during her first year of law school. In 1985, Beverly obtained her J.D. degree from the University of South Carolina and passed the South Carolina and Florida Bar exams. Beverly joined Fisher, Tousey, Leas & Ball in 1989 and became a shareholder in 1990. She previously served as the firm’s managing shareholder from 1995 to 2020. Beverly is a member of the Estate Planning Council of Northeast Florida and has been board certified by The Florida Bar as a specialist in Wills, Trusts and Estates since 1993.
Beverly is married to Russell Furtick, who recently retired as Vice-President and General Counsel for Allstate Dealer Services (formerly American Heritage Life). Beverly and Russ have two sons, Ben, a CPA with Certa Insurance in London, and Ryan, a tax associate with Lewis Rice in St. Louis, Missouri. Beverly enjoys circulating photos of her first grandson, and taking vacations in St. Maarten with her family.
- Facilitate the creation of revocable living trusts to avoid the unnecessary expenses and time delays sometimes associated with the probate process.
- Handle guardianships.
- Trust and estate administration.
Areas of Practice
- Estate Planning
- Trust and Probate Administration
Education & Credentials
- University of South Carolina School of Law (J.D. 1985) Phi Beta Kappa
- University of South Carolina (B.S., 1982)
- Florida Bar Board Certified Wills, Trusts & Estates
- Co-Author: “Defending the Accumulated Earnings Tax Case,” The Florida Bar Journal, December, 1999
- AV Rated-Martindale Hubbell
- South Carolina
- American Bar Association
- The Florida Bar
- Jacksonville Bar Association
- South Carolina Bar
- Estate Planning Council of Northeast Florida