Christene joined Fisher, Tousey, Leas & Ball in 2022 and serves as the chair of our Community Association and Planned Development practice. Born in Hollywood, Florida, Christene attended Duncan U. Fletcher Sr. High School in Jacksonville Beach. She is a graduate Florida State University (B.S., Communication Studies, cum laude), where she was a proud member of the Florida State University Marching Chiefs. She earned her J.D., with honors, from the University of Miami. Christene was admitted to the Florida Bar in 2000.
Christene is a Florida Bar Board Certified Condominium and Planned Development attorney, and she is actively involved with the Florida Bar Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section, where she represents the Seventh Judicial Circuit on the Executive Council. Christene serves as Co-Chair of the Florida Bar’s Condominium and Planned Development Board Certification Review Course. She is also a member of the Florida Bar Constitutional Judiciary Committee, the mission of which is to strengthen the public’s understanding of the role of the judicial branch in the community. Finally, Christene is passionate about educating local community associations and their leaders about various legal issues that may affect the communities.
Christene lives in St. Augustine with her husband and son. They enjoy spending time outside and traveling whenever possible.
- Assists individuals and community associations with legal questions and disputes relating to real property and business issues, including those involving daily operations, development, stormwater, zoning, turnover, formation, amendments, boundary rights, covenant enforcement, collections, etc.
- Prepare and review documents necessary for the formation and operations of community and property owners’ associations
- Guides clients through alternate dispute resolution proceedings, including mediation and Arbitration
- Assists with administrative hearings before the Division of Condominiums, Timeshares and Mobile Homes; stormwater management issues and compliance matters; and licensure, business, or real property issues for business owners
- Prepares and reviews business contracts, contracts for the acquisition and sale of property, legal opinions related to real property rights, closing documents, loan documents, leases, settlement statements, and other transactional documents
- Assist with U.S. trademark registration and disputes
Areas of Practice
- Real Property
- Community Association
- Real Estate
- Trademarks & Copyrights
Education & Credentials
- University of Miami School of Law (J.D., cum laude 1998)
- Florida State University (B.S., cum laude 1994)
- Florida Bar Board Certified in Condominium and Planned Development Law
- AV Rated – Martindale Hubbell
- Best Lawyers (2021-Present)
- Middle District of Florida
- Florida Bar Board Certification Committee – Condominium and Planned Development (2018- Present)
- Member, Florida Bar Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section (2004-Present)
- Condominium and Planned Development, Real Property Litigation Committee (Active Member)
- Executive Council (2014-Present)
- Executive Council, Lead At Large Member (2015-Present)
- Condominium and Planned Development Law Certification Review Course, Co-Chair (2019-Present)
- American Inns of Court, St. Augustine Chapter
- Founding Member (2017)
- President (2019-2021)
- “Florida Homeowner’s Association and Condominium Board Certification Course” (2007-Present)
- “Florida Community Association Legal Update” (2007-Present)
- “Condominium and Homeowners Associations,” at the Advanced Construction Law Certification Review Course (2014)