Clay B. Tousey, III
A Jacksonville native, Clay B. Tousey III graduated with honors from Harvard University in 2002. In 2005, he received his J.D. degree from the University of Virginia School of Law, where he was a member of the Virginia Law Review editorial board and inducted to the Order of the Coif. After law school, Clay was admitted to the North Carolina Bar in 2005 and practiced law in Charlotte, North Carolina, for three years before joining Fisher, Tousey, Leas & Ball and being admitted to the Florida Bar.
Clay joined Fisher, Tousey, Leas & Ball in 2008 and became a shareholder in 2011.
Clay currently focuses his practice on Estate Planning, Probate and Trust Administration, as well as forming and counseling Tax-exempt Entities (including public charities, private foundations, private operating foundations and community foundations) and general Corporate representation. Clay has been recognized by his peers as a Florida “Super Lawyer.”
Outside of Fisher, Tousey, Leas & Ball, Clay serves as a member of the Board of Directors of Wolfson Children’s Hospital and a Trustee of Riverside Presbyterian Church, in addition to other philanthropic and civic engagements. Clay is married to Tracy Tousey, a philanthropic consultant, and they have three young children. Clay and Tracy enjoy traveling, cooking and chasing their children.
- Advise and counsel clients concerning estate planning.
- Assist families and fiduciaries with probate and trust administration.
- Form and advise tax-exempt entities and their officers and directors, including public charities, private foundations, private operating foundations and community foundations.
- Counsel ongoing businesses regarding general corporate matters, as well as mergers and acquisitions.
Areas of Practice
- Estate Planning
Education & Credentials
- University of Virginia School of Law (J.D., Order of the Coif, 2005)
- Harvard University (B.A., cum laude, 2002)
- “Exceptional Circumstances: The Material Benefit Rule in Practice and Theory,” Campbell Law Review, July 2006
- Florida Bar Association
- Jacksonville Bar Association
- Estate Planning Council of Northeast Florida