Julie Exum Breuer is a native of Jacksonville, where she graduated from Bishop Kenny High School. Julie earned her Bachelor of Arts in Political Science from Duke University, where she played collegiate tennis, obtaining the #1 national ranking during her senior year and later being inducted into the Duke University Athletics Hall of Fame.
Julie subsequently received her juris doctor degree and a master of laws degree in taxation from the University of Florida College of Law, where she was an editor for the Florida Law Review and Florida Tax Review. She was admitted to The Florida Bar in 1996.
Julie was previously an associate at FTLB, taking some time away from the practice of law to raise her three children, before recently rejoining the firm. She is married to Matt Breuer, a law partner at Driver, McAfee, Hawthorne & Diebenow, who also graduated from Duke University.
- Advise clients in their estate planning and create documents to implement that planning, such as wills, revocable trusts, insurance trusts, charitable trusts, grantor trusts, family partnerships, and residence trusts
- Advise and assist clients with probate and trust administration
Areas of Practice
- Estate Planning
- Trust Administration
Education and Credentials
- University of Florida College of Law (LL.M. in Taxation, 1997)
- University of Florida College of Law (J.D., with honors, 1996)
- Duke University (B.A., Political Science, 1993)
- Editor, Florida Tax Review
- Editor, Florida Law Review
- Practice under Florida Probate Code: Ancillary Administration, 1999
- Case Comment, “Constitutional Law: Use of the Compensatory Tax Doctrine in Regulating Interstate Commerce,” Florida Law Review, July 1994