Laura Jacqmein grew up in Jacksonville and graduated from The Bolles School. She subsequently graduated from Davidson College, where she majored in English and competed in collegiate cross country. She received her J.D. from the University of Florida, with honors.
After taking time away from the practice of law to focus on her young family, Laura joined Fisher, Tousey, Leas & Ball in 2016. She practices in the areas of estate planning, probate, trust administration, guardianships, and exempt organizations. She is a Bencher of the Chester Bedell American Inn of Court and serves as an editor-at-large for ActionLine, a journal published by the Real Property, Probate, and Trust Law Section of the Florida Bar.
In the community, Laura teaches a weekly class for women at the City Rescue Mission and formerly served on the board of directors for WeCareJax, volunteered at the Sanctuary on 8th Street, and taught the youth at her church.
Laura is married to Jeff Jacqmein, a family medicine doctor with Baptist Primary Care, and they have three adult children, Ben, Olivia and Henry. When not working, Laura and Jeff enjoy exercising with friends, cheering for the Gators and Jaguars, and spending time with their family.
- Counsel and advise clients in estate planning.
- Advise and assist fiduciaries and beneficiaries in probate and trust administration.
- Represent clients in guardianship matters.
- Advise and assist clients with respect to tax-exempt entities.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Estate Planning
- Trust Administration
- Exempt Organizations
- University of Florida College of Law (J.D., with Honors, 1992)
- Davidson College (B.A., English, 1988)
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- The Florida Bar (Real Property Probate and Trust Law Section, and Elder Law Section)
- Jacksonville Bar Association (Elder Law Committee)
- Chester Bedell American Inn of Court, Bencher