Mary A. Robison
Mary was born in St. Paul, Minnesota, and is a graduate of the University of Minnesota at Duluth (B.A. magna cum laude, 1980), and Duke University (J.D. 1983). Mary was admitted to The Florida Bar in 1983. Mary is board certified in Real Estate by The Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization and Education, and is currently serving as the Chairman of the Real Estate Certification Committee of The Florida Bar. She served as a member of The Florida Bar’s steering committee for the fifth edition of Florida Real Property Complex Transactions. Mary has been selected as a Florida “Super Lawyer”, one of the top five percent of lawyers practicing in the State of Florida. Mary joined Fisher, Tousey, Leas & Ball in 1983.
Mary’s older daughter, Rachel, teaches Latin at Windermere Preparatory School in Windermere, Florida. Her younger daughter, Clara, is a graduate student in coastal biology at The Virginia Institute of Marine Sciences.
- Counsel and advise clients on the purchase and/or sale of commercial real estate.
- Counsel and advise clients concerning formation of corporations, partnership, limited liability companies, and other types of business entities relating to real estate and asset transfers.
- Represent clients in the acquisition or disposition of equity interests, assets of businesses and real estate.
- Counsel and advise clients on tax deferred real estate transactions.
Areas of Practice
- Real Estate
- Tax Deferred Real Estate Transactions
- Corporation and Business Entities
Education & Credentials
- Duke University School of Law (J.D. 1983)
- University of Minnesota (B.A., magna cum laude, 1980)
- Phi Kappa Phi
- Chair, The Florida Bar Real Estate Certification Committee, 2004-2005
- Florida Bar Board Certified Real Estate Lawyer
- AV Rated – Martindale Hubbell
- Florida Homestead: A Difficult Post- Mortem Estate Tax Planning Property,” The Florida Bar Journal, January 2002
- American Bar Association
- The Florida Bar- Member, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section
- Jacksonville Bar Association- Member, Section of Taxation