Robert N. Miller
Rob joined Fisher, Tousey, Leas & Ball in 1998, and became a shareholder in 2002. He specializes in estate planning, estate and trust administration, probate, and elder law, with his elder law practice focusing on Medicaid planning and guardianship. Rob was educated at Washington & Lee University, where he received his B.A. degree, magna cum laude, in 1985, and his J.D. degree, cum laude, in 1994. While in law school, he was a member of the Law Review. Between college and law school, he served as a Lieutenant in the United States Army with the 6th Battalion, 8th Field Artillery, 7th Infantry Division (Light). He is board certified in Wills, Trusts, and Estates by The Florida Bar. Rob has been selected to the: “Florida’s Legal Elite” by Florida Trend Magazine; “The Best Lawyers in America”; and as one of the “Top 100 Lawyers in Florida” by Florida Super Lawyers (2016).
- Creates estate plans that transfer clients’ wealth efficiently and cost effectively at their death.
- Helps surviving family members with the administration of their loved one’s estate or trust.
- Helps clients structure their assets so that they can qualify for Medicaid assistance for their nursing home bills.
- Helps clients become guardians for their incapacitated family members.
Areas of Practice
- Estate Planning
- Wills, Trusts, Powers of Attorney, Living Wills
- Estate and Trust Administration
- Elder Law
- Medicaid Planning
Education & Credentials
- Washington & Lee University School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 1994)
- Member, Washington & Lee Law Review, 1992-1993
- Washington & Lee University (B.A., magna cum laude, 1985)
- Florida Bar Board Certified Wills, Trusts & Estates Lawyer
- AV Rated-Martindale Hubbell
- Florida Legal Elite, 2009-2020
- Florida Super Lawyer, 2009-2020
- Best Lawyers in America, 2011-2020
- Lieutenant, U.S. Army, 1985-1989
- The Florida Bar
- Member, Section on Real Trust; Elder Law
- Jacksonville Bar Association