Hamilton Traylor, a shareholder, joined the firm in August 2008, having practiced law in Jacksonville since graduating from the University of Florida College of Law, with honors and as a member of the Order of the Coif, in 1981. From 1981-1999, he practiced with several firms in Jacksonville in the areas of general business, corporate and partnership law, with an emphasis on mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance and securities, and real estate law. In January 2000, Mr. Traylor became the CFO and general counsel of a privately-held third party logistics and warehousing company headquartered in Jacksonville. He later became president of its real estate development affiliate before returning to private practice in 2006. He joined the firm in 2008 and became a shareholder in 2011.
Mr. Traylor was born in Frankfurt, Germany, in 1956, and grew up in numerous places, both in the U.S. and overseas, before settling in Jacksonville. He graduated from Barrington High School, Barrington, Illinois, in 1974 and received his undergraduate degree from the University of Virginia in 1978. Mr. Traylor is a member of the advisory board of The Salvation Army, Northeast Florida Area Command, and the board of directors of Coastal Blood Foundation, Inc. He resides on the west side of Jacksonville with his wife, Julie.
- Advise clients concerning formation and capitalization of corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies and other types of business entities.
- Counsel clients in the acquisition or disposition of equity interests in business and business assets.
- Assist clients of ongoing businesses regarding commercial and general business matters.
- Advise clients on the purchase and/or sale of commercial real estate.
- Counsels borrowers and lenders in commercial finance transactions, such as secured loan transactions, construction loans and asset-based financing.
Areas of Practice
- Business Law
- Corporate and Partnership Law
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Commercial and Real Estate Finance
- Real Estate
Education & Credentials
- University of Florida College of Law (J.D., with Honors, 1981)
- University of Virginia, 1978
- Order of the Coif
- The Florida Bar
- Jacksonville Bar Association